Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010

Heavenly Father,

I struggle with myself. Who am I when half of me is gone? I look around for fulfillment. I seek to caulk the gaps between myself. I look to sin--it's nailed fingers stroking my back. Sin seeks to soften me and harden me. Sin seeks to change my skin. It longs to make its skin my skin. Sin will seek to skin me. It whispers to me.

My Lord, in times of trials--I look upwards to you. Lord press my shield close to chest, bind my wounds and beat the drums. Give me rest and the nourishment of the Savior's grace. Remind me of the oath I gave to never surrender my integrity, and to honor those whom push me forward. Lord, God, I drive the path of the Paladin's Promise: to illuminate, invigorate and uphold the name of all that is Holy.

With strength we stand,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment